Friday, October 26, 2012

Sports and Pink

If you ask my wife she would say that I'm a sports FANATIC.

I love this time of year as it has College and NFL football, MLB playoffs and the NBA is getting geared up. With October being Breast Cancer awareness month I'm now used to the pink wrist bands, shoes, towels, hats etc. that the players and coaches wear. I always thought it was a cool thing to do but when your wife goes through the disease you really get a better appreciation for the awareness that these gestures create.

During the world series game with the San Fransisco Giants and Detroit Tigers they had a Stand Up To Cancer promotion where they passed around placards for people to write a name of someone they know and love that is or has had cancer. It was rather emotional for me to witness everyone from fans, players and coaches holding up at least one person they know who has had this disease. A few of the cards simply said "me".

                                           

I'm grateful that awareness has been increasing with these type of events and have no doubt that with our support and donations cures to the different types of cancer and their treatments will improve more rapidly than ever before.

Pink is no longer a "girly" color for me and my three sons.

We wear it with pride!  

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

    Thanks,

    Cameron

    ReplyDelete